Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Death of a Job: Celebrating the Birth of Choices

What I think about all the time is the amount of energy wasted on things that don't make us happy.  I worked at my current job for two years and realized how ineffectual of a person I was becoming.  The joy was starting to slip away.  IT BECAME A JOB!!!  A job is something you do for someone else, where a career is something you do for yourself.  I woke up a few weeks ago and dreaded another day at work.  Please explain how this is possible for someone who is in the industry they love?  It's easy actually.  It was about focus and I had absolutely no idea what I wanted.  How can someone just go digging for a treasure without some sort of belief that it is there in the ground they are digging in?

Happiness is where money, success, and prosperity lie.  Do you know that the average person's dream only gets off the ground until they get their first rejection?  From there everything seems to come to a screeching halt.  Well, that is not the way I envision a successful venture.  I finally have choices to make and even though I currently have left a job and have nothing lined up to follow it, I believe in the universe and its support of my choices.  I was meant to be rich, wealthy.  I have no right to be poor.

My invitation to you is:  Please start commenting on my page.  Put your thoughts out there.  Can anyone relate?  Share a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I can say I relate to this, because I'm still in school, but I had realization too. I love to cook, but I couldn't work in a kitchen. I don't like the attitude of the people and the atmosphere in general. My internship showed me that last year. I think that's why I'm going into the nutrition field. I still get to work with food, but not in the same way. Either way, I enjoy what I do, and where I am heading. That's all that really matters.

    ReplyDelete